Skylights in Raleigh, NC
Expert Skylight Installation & Repair Services in Raleigh & the Surrounding AReas
Are you looking to bring more natural light into your home? Skylights brighten up any room, save energy, and add value to a property, among many other benefits.
At Sun4Light, Inc., we offer skylight replacement and new cut installation from Burlington to the coast of North Carolina. Our experienced team of in-house factory installed professionals ensure all units are installed per the VELUX guidelines. So, the installations qualify for the VELUX 10 Year No Leak Warranties! We are exclusively partnered with VELUX as the Signature Specialist.
Our team will work with you every step of the way to make sure your skylight is installed as you envisioned it, providing top-quality workmanship. With our team on your side, you can relax knowing that your home is in good hands.
Let us help you bring more natural light and beauty into your home. Call (919) 726-3433 to schedule an appointment for our Raleigh skylight services.
The Benefits of Skylights
A skylight is a window set on the roof of a building that allows natural light to enter a home. Skylights provide a unique way to brighten any room, providing warmth and style that traditional windows can't match.
Skylights provide a wealth of benefits, including but not limited to the following:
- Increased Natural Light – Skylights can increase the amount of natural light in your home without increasing energy costs.
- Improved Ventilation – A skylight can also provide improved ventilation, which will help to reduce moisture and other airborne contaminants from accumulating inside your home.
- Reduced Energy Costs – Installing a skylight can reduce your energy expenses by allowing more sunshine into the room, helping you keep cool during hot summer days or warm on cold winter nights.
- Better Use of Space - Skylights provide an additional source of illumination that doesn't take up any floor space, meaning you have more room for furniture and activities within the same footprint as before.
- Enhanced Aesthetics – Skylights bring a unique aesthetic beauty to homes with their bright stream of sunlight, giving even minimalist designs a luxurious touch.
- Improved Health Benefits - Studies suggest installing skylights improves moods and overall health due to the therapeutic power of natural sunlight.
- Increased Home Value - Installing skylights is one way to add value to your home when it comes time for sale.
“We would give Sun4Light more stars if we could. We are so glad for this definite home improvement.”- Susan
“Ingeniously designed and well made and the installation was of high professional standards.”- H.B.P.
“I highly recommend this company for skylights/solar tubes.”- Corie
Differences Between Traditional Skylights & Sun Tunnels (Solatube or Tubular Daylight
Skylights and Sun Tunnels devices are both installed in an opening in the roof that allows natural light into the interior of a building; however, they differ in several ways:
- Size and Shape: Skylights are either rectangular or square. Sun Tunnels have a dome on the roof and round diffuser in the ceiling.
- Location: Skylights and Sun Tunnels are normally placed in areas where natural light is desired. However, in some situations, a Sun Tunnels dome can be installed in such a way that the tubing connects to a different location in the home.
- Installation: Skylights are installed directly onto the roof and require a larger opening. Sun Tunnels, on the other hand, need a smaller space and use reflective tubing to direct natural light into a building's interior. Sun Tunnels are extremely bright but do not allow a view of the sky.
- Lighting: Skylights provide a more expansive view of the sky and surrounding environment, while Sun Tunnels offer a more focused source of light. Light output can be controlled for both types of products with the skylight solution being more efficient.
- Ventilation: Manually venting and solar-venting skylights can be opened to allow for natural ventilation. Options are not available for Sun Tunnel ventilation. They are intended solely for lighting purposes.
Skylights We Offer
We offer the entire VELUX USA product line. Each type of skylight has its own purpose and benefits.
Our team installs the following:
- Fixed Skylights: Non-venting skylights are the most installed units in the industry. These skylights provide an excellent light source and can add a beautiful Architectual element to the space. Solar-powered blinds can be added to these units allowing the entire job to qualify for a 30% solar tax credit.
- Manually Venting Skylights: Need a little fresh air in the room? VE LUX manually venting skylights operate with either a crank handle or rod. Solar-powered blinds can also be added to these units allowing the entire job to qualify for a 30% solar tax credit.
- Solar-Venting Skylights: It does not get much better than a solar-powered skylight! These units can read the air quality inside and outside of your home. If there is too much condensation, they will open and release pungent air. Solar-venting skylights can be controlled with a hand held remote or set-on a smart home system. The rain sensor on the unit automatically closes the unit when it begins to rain. These units do not require electricity to functionand are a great option for allowing air to flow into space. Solar-powered blinds can also be added to these units. Skylight projects that include the solar-venting units automatically qualify for the 30% solar tax credit with or without the blinds.
- Roof Windows: These units are often called skylights but serve a different function. Roof windows open manually to allow for ventilation or egress (means of exiting). They are common in areas without a great deal of humidity. In this area, we install a lot of them for customers finishing living spaces without traditional windows. Blinds and bug screens are available for these units but there is not an option to qualify for the tax credit.
- Commercial Skylights: ln an effort to corner the commercial skylight industry, VELUX purchased WASCO Skylights several years ago. In doing so, VELUX now offers commercial structural skylights, Longlight Solutions, and Horizon units. These large systems allow for the harnessing of natural light illuminating the interior.
- SKYMAX: Designed for larger commercial and residential spaces, this line of skylights comes in various shapes and sizes. These curb-mounted skylights can cover up to 32 feet. They range in style and shape and are great for those who want to add skylights with a lot of drama and a clear view of the sky.
Of course, you are not limited to one of the above-we can mix and match depending on your building and the features you are looking for in a new skylight. We are happy to discuss these options with you if you have any questions.
View Our Skylight Size Chart Here
Contact Us Today
We proudly offer the installation and replacement of Sun Tunnels and Sun Tunnels. Our coverage area included areas from Burlington to the coast of North Carolina, with our corporate office in Raleigh. Sun4Light, Inc. is the only privately held company in North Carolina partnered with VELUX as a Signature Specialist. We stand by the quality of our work and the products that we offer, and we could not be more excited about sharing the many benefits of skylights with you.
To schedule an appointment or quote for our Raleigh skylight services, call us at (919) 726-3433 or contact us online today!